“Land of the Aryans”, Iran is one of the world’s oldest continuous civilizations, with settlements dating back to 4000 B. C. Persian culture is famous for beautiful poetry, luxurious rugs, and lush gardens. Interesting fact, that English word “paradise” comes from a Persian word meaning “enclosed garden.”
Capital: Tehran Largest City: Tehran Official Language: Persian Demonym: Iranian Religion: Islam Republic: 24 October 1979 Area: 1,648,195 sq. km Population: 78,868,711 (2012 census) Currency: Rial (IRR)
- The capital of Iran is the city of Tehran, the largest city in Iran.
- Iran exports petroleum, fruits and nuts, carpets, chemicals and petrochemical products.
- It imports industrial supplies, foodstuff, consumer goods, technical services and capital goods.
- In the old times Iran was known as Persia
- The one of the few countries that realized the potential of wind energy
Iran and business.
- Probably, one of the biggest and most important news in the corporate world of Iran is the abrogation of sanctions against Iran and the release of funds from around the world, that were previously blocked in the bank accounts. That means, that foreign entrepreneurs from all countries are able to freely trade with Iran. But question is why would you want to trade with Iran?
- Iran has a huge market with 65 million potential consumers and also opens gates to 300 million potential customers in the neighboring countries
- vast network of roadways and railways, as well as sea ports, air ports
- oil and gas reserves, which leads us to low electricity costs
- very low monthly wages and low expenses for investors
- investment in the Iranian free zones will offer clients exemption of the corporate tax for 20 years possibility of land purchase and exemption of visa requirements
- if your company is not registered in the free zone, you still get 50% corporate tax exemption, if you export up to 30% of your annual produce
- no withholding tax on levied dividends
- companies investing in manufacturing/industrial and mining activities will get 80% exemption from corporate taxation
- company engaged in agricultural activities receive 100% corporate tax exemption
- education and sports activities are fully tax exempt, while tourism receive 50% exemption
- In order to open an LLC company in Iran at least 2 shareholders and one director will be required, who can be of any nationality
- The whole process usually takes up to 3 weeks
- There are no minimum capital requirements, it can be just 1 Euro
- After the company registration, foreign investors and director will immediately obtain residency for 3 years in Iran for working and living in Iran
- Double taxation agreements are signed with 42 countries
Yes, business in Iran is a risk, but like Mark Zuckerberg said: "The biggest risk is not taking any risk … In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.". take a risk and win. Motto for all successful people.